I for one did enough homework to land myself at the Smile Sunset Resort which I would recommend to others too.
- Clean Room, Bed and Bathroom
- Cheap whole house rooms as compared to others on the island
- Quiet(being top of the hill and the rooms are situated away from the main road compared to those build by the road side)
- Transfer to and fro from the ferry/speedboat dropoff point - tricycles as taxi and you would be charged high price by those peddlers so call the hotel first before you reach
- Free unlimited coffee and tea at their cafeteria
- Free WiFi
- Balcony on their units where you could sit at night and have a couple of drinks(did I mention unlimited amounts of coffee for free?)
- 10% Discount at their restaurant when you are a guest of the resort
- Mosquitoes - The island is a forest on it's own and thus we have the usual insect problem. They do provide you with the netting on the bed but a mosquito coil or 2 wouldn't hurt and in fact could help you from those blood suckers
- No water heater (YET) - Every now and then the cold shower would do you good after a hot stroll along the beach
- No swimming pool(This is a joke) - Do you even need one as the beach is less than 5 minutes walk?
Tean Muankul 085-6196486 or +66 85-6196486
Call direct and tell them you came from Wai Hoe's blog to get discount off their normal rates.