Wednesday, December 16, 2015
My personal selection? It's very obvious choice.. TGV of course. They are the earliest to show this movie as the US show starts only on the 18th. Yeap the force is strong with them and they are the first cinema in Malaysia to show the movies All Night Long starting from 12.05am till 6am on the 17th of December 2015 right after midnight of 16th. Be among the first in the world to watch this movie..
The last I checked, there were still seats on this special screening. Fast go on to "https://www.tgv.com.my/movies/star-wars-the-force-awakens-HO00004691" to get your tickets now.
You wouldn't want to feel left out when they talk about this movie in class, office or mamak sessions right? Imagine you are the only one who has watched the movie the previous night or one day earlier than the rest even your overseas friends? Now you earn your bragging rights.. Mwahahahaha!
That's not all, you also stand a chance to win exciting prizes and goodies by simply filling up the form with your ticket. There are also other games to play to win more prizes. So have you bought your tickets yet?
Before you go off.. Go get the IMAX tickets... This is because.... You would want to immerse yourself into the Star wars galaxy and what better way than to have a bigger screen than others? Trust me on this as I have watched several films made with IMAX quality and there's no better way to watch it but to seriously go watch it in the IMAX screen.
Stay tuned for more updates on tonight's event as I would be blogging live here in this post!
Want free passes? Go LIKE AND SHARE THIS POST -> https://www.facebook.com/kellaw/posts/10203966684725932 on facebook to stand a chance to win some passes.
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Yeap. Start of with the unboxing video.
What makes it so special and with the motto ahead with the curve? First thing I did with the Mi Note, set it to the Malaysian Mi Community theme. The first thing I noticed when I lay my hands on it is the curved 3D glass back fitted with gorilla glass 3 on both front and back.
A quick comparison between the size. From left to right Mi Note, Mi4 and Mi4i, The Mi Note spots a bigger display for a good reason which I will tell you why later. It has a 5.7" Sharp/JDI full HD display at 386 ppi(Pixel per inch)
It also spots a Dual 4G SIM Dual Standby(one micro one mini) which makes it much easier to switch between lines without switching phones.
So you think that the pricetag of 1549MYR for a phone fitted with 64GB internal memory and a 801 processor 3GB RAM and maybe a few special function like the Night Mode, torch mode when taking pictures at night(torch is on and not the normal flash when taking pic), bigger gorilla glass display with aluminum alloy body is a little too much to pay for right? What if I tell you it's fitted with the ESS sound chip with better bit rate than a cd player? Made perfect for digital lossless music. Believe me when I could hear each key, high and low, left and right just by playing my Bohemian Rhapsody FLAC file.
I have also tried it over normal earphones and several different Headphones with same effect. Yes all these is made possible by the HiFi mode from the ESS chip which is only available on very /high end sound devices.
GAMING!! The fast 801 processor makes gaming as smooth as my favourite taufufah(beancurd dessert). Long hours of gaming doesn't seem as bad now. Oh did I mention that it has this Night Reading Mode which reduces the blue light? I literally played the game in the dark for hours without feeling the strain in my eyes.
- Sunlight display in most latest Mi Devices which adjusts pixel contract under harsh sunlight so you don't need to find shade to view your pictures
- HiFi audio system with lossless playback
- Bigger pixel sensor size front camera for low light and better clarity
- Night reading mode with blue light reduction
- Back camera with OIS stability system increases picture taking in low light condition and long shutter speed of up to 32 seconds(you need a tripod to take good pictures)
- Larger clearer display
- Dual SIM 4G
- The edge is a little rough with the glass back. Doesn't happen on the bamboo back thou. The aluminum sides could be trimmed further for better grip.
- The glass back may cause slip on an uneven table(a casing on the other hand will kill the style but I still love the device nonetheless)
- The aluminum frame does heat up a little with long hours of heavy 3D gaming with High Performance battery mode.(4 hours is a little hot to the hands but superb battery life here)
Monday, August 17, 2015
From the 13th to 16th August, TGV actually had free screening for selected movies in conjunction with it's opening. There were 8-bit roadshow activities throughout the day of which you could win movie passes.
Games ranging from shooting the baddies, puzzles, video games, picture booth, stick on note board
As part of the bloggers & medias invited, Screening of Pixels with a glow in the dark Pixel tshirt! Now imagine the crowd glowing in the cinema?
Upon entering the hall, I noticed the seatings were much more spacious and comfortable than other cinemas. I guess it has became a norm with TGV cinemas with larger leg space for a more comfortable movie experience.
Whole row of reserved seats just for us..
Now what did I tell you about glow in the dark tshirts in the cinema? Oh to add on.. Pixels was totally worth the watch. It gives me the reminiscence of the old games I used to grow up with... Pacman, Donkey Kong etc.. If I were to give it a rating, it would be 8.5/10 with +1 for humorous Adam Sandler.
For more info, go to TGV website la.. You mean you don't know the site? https://www.tgv.com.my/ and stand a chance to win exclusive prizes when you buy 2 tickets online -> http://bit.ly/PIXELSWatchandWin
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
As some of you already would know, Mi4i would be officially launched on the 21st of May in Malaysia but even when it's launched less than a month ago, there are quite a handful of people who have been asking on the capabilities of this phone. I have the privilege of getting a unit to test prior to the launch and here are my reviews. Note: I loaded the Mi Malaysia Community Theme created by Brother Arif so the UI will look different(depending on the theme you put in). I find it only suiting to use these theme in conjunction with the Mi Malaysia Birthday today and also the launch.
First off, it's the first Mi phone that runs on Lollipop(the latest android) with MIUI 6 built on top of it. It also spots 2GB RAM and the second generation 64bit QualComm octacore processor without the heating issue in the first generation.
Full matte back which for me is a good grip. I would say it's a good build. Light in weight and thin(still no bendgate in tight jeans for the 4 days I am using)
Anti Grease & Fingerprint coated cover. I used a Marker and viola, clean and clear(sounds like shampoo advertisement now)
Comparison in size to Mi3 inside a Mi3 casing(I am using my Mi3 for these pictures anyway), It's actually smaller and thinner than Mi3 with the same screen size. For more on Mi3, read HERE. I would say the display is top notch and better than the Mi3 in terms of colors(Some claims it's better than the iphone 6 and even Asus). In terms of storage, it has only 16GB of ROM which for me is a disappointment but there is the cloud which is provided for Mi users.
It's Dual Sim, Dual Stanby, taking in 2 micro Sims with both supporting 4G LTE. Good for those with 2 lines and doesn't want to carry 2 phones. Usually one for company and one for personal(or one for wife, the other for mistress =) )You also have the choice of disabling one of the Sims(after office hour, quiet time with
In terms of camera, it came a long way to include dual tone flash(for a more real lighting at night), it spots a 13MP Back Camera and 5MP front camera with build in filters, features(snap now focus later) and my personal favourite Live HDR. I would say there could be more improvements on the camera but for the price, I would say it's a great bargain. Below are some of the sample pictures taken with the camera.
Overall, I would say this would be a good Mi3 replacement and the specs is really high end for the price we are paying(Estimated to be around MYR800 launching price in Malaysia).
- 64 bit processor
- Power Saving(24% drop after 6 hours of usage with screen on for testing during Mi Malaysia Celebration)
- Superb color on screen
- MIUI6 ui and features
- Dual Sim supporting 4G LTE
- Camera could do better(raw function etc) but it's already a good one
- 16GB ROM =(
- Dual Sim Dual Standby(one active call blocks the other SIM)
- 2GB RAM(not that it lags and as long as I can get my programs on time this is still bearable and fine)
Monday, May 11, 2015
Yes they also provided diaper changing area so you don't need to get out of the hall and miss the show
Book your tickets through their website ww.tgv.com.my
Saturday, March 21, 2015
It comes in a box with a pouch, the headset black leather zipped casing and the instruction papers.
The back of the box with technical details like all other mi products
Finally the casing out of the box
The Headphones and the over the ear cups
Here you see the wires (comes with microphone to be used as handsfree, the over the ears cup and also on ears cups attached to the headphones.
Now to the wires, the microphone comes with a button which could be programmed on Mi phones using MIUI. The jack and the plus comes with the aircraft/plane adapter jack. (Yes this means I get to play around with this in the plane)
Beryllium drivers for better sound clarity
Now back to how it fares, here's the verdict:
- Cheaper than other beryllium driver headphones (499 RMB)
- Superior sound quality with little improvements needed(bass issue)
- Leather cups with good cushions which is soft on the ears and easy to clean. The cup holders also bend to follow the face contour for more comfort.
- Easily interchangeable cups(let's just just hope that they also sell these separately later)
- Gold metal finish looks
- Kevlar wrapped wires with metal spring on the end to prevent excessive bending (I did jerk the wires a few times and it would have killed the wires if it were some other headphones.
- additional adapter jacks.
- Could be used as handsfree
- The bass was a little disappointing(I heard the newer generation ones has this issue fixed)
- Though it comes with the aircraft jack adapter, you could still go deaf (no active noise cancellation) but still protects against weak outside noise
- Wire length a little longer than needed. I had this issue where my hands did a few times jerked the wired when walking with the headphones plugged into my phone in the pocket
- Cause pain to the ears after long period of usage but to be honest, my head size is a little bigger and I wear spectacles so the headset presses against the ears which in turn presses against the specs which caused the pain. Pain is mild and only comes when I have this on for over 8 hours(bad practice and prolonged usage at high volume can cause hearing issues later on)
- Will most probably not make it into Malaysia
After 2 weeks of testing, I would say I wish I could get more Headphones like this in the future. Anyone wanna get me the newer versions? *winks
Sunday, March 8, 2015
Recently I have been eating in this quite often. For one single reason, it's freshly steamed after you chose what you want.
They also have assorted fried items. The most distinct in taste is the bacon one. Bacon wrapped in meat, prawn and fish paste.
Freshly steamed "Har Gau" aka Prawn Dumplings. Full of prawns and worth every cents
Vege Mai, Vege wrapping fish paste
More varieties of what they serve. Go and have a try of your own.
Fresh and variety is not the only thing. The price is very reasonable/cheap. On top of that you get a lucky dip for every RM50 you spent(subject to change) where prizes are cash vouchers ranging from a few dollars to 50 or even some big prizes like bicycle or old pendants.
No 31 & 33, Jalan SJ 17,
Taman Selayang Jaya,
68100 Batu Caves, Selangor
Business Hour: Mon-Fri 7am to 11pm, Sat, Sun & Public Holiday 7am to 6pm
GPS: 3.238584, 101.649995
Will you follow me? Follow me wherever I may go?
Like my blog? Can't get enough of my good reads? Follow this blog then(see left side bar and click "Follow this blog" or you can always link me up from your site/blog.
Code for linking: -
<a href="http://kellaw.net/"> Kellaw's Funny Reads Site</a>
It's as simple as copy and pasting it on your blog.